- Provide a safe and supportive learning environment for students
- Provide academic, social and emotional learning and growth
- Develop confident young people who can be resilient, responsible and respectful
- Provide a safe forum to challenge and express opinions about the world around us
- Provide opportunities to make real decisions about their lives
- Enable young people to have positive relationships and feel valued by all members of our community
- Recognise and identify vulnerability and know where to find support
Remember any concerns you have around bullying, racism, homophobia you should speak to your tutor in the first instance and then your Head of studio.
KS4 PSHE will be delivered during Critique sessions (once a week) and assemblies.
KS5 PSHE will be delivered during tutor times (5 times), assemblies and drop down days.
Autumn 1: community and democracy
- What is is to be a community?
- What is unity?
- Positive and negative ways to participate in community
- Collaborative working (online, media, professional environments)
- Positive ways to communicate (digital platforms, dealing with gossip)
- Liberty, Equality and Unity
- Where do you fit in the Elstree Community? What is your place here?
Autumn 1: EUTC Student Forum
Lead by Miss Christy
- Student Voice
- Platform for student input to Elstree UTC
- Elections of Student Representatives (one from each year in the studio)
- Election of Student Governor (Year 13)
- Start thinking about your campaign. How will you be a good voice for your base group?
AUTUMN 2: LEARNING SKILLS
The 3 R’s (Resilience, Respect and Responsibility)
Being prepared for the learning environment
Being prepared for the professional market
Gaining and using knowledge
Being a conscientious learner
What is your preferred learning style? How can you use that in your studies?
SPRING 1: Health and fitness
Inter-Studio Sports Day
Safety, security and sex ed
Protective behaviours (online, social, and at home)
Drugs and Alcohol
Domestic Abuse and Violence
Female Genital Mutilation
What sports or games could we do here at Elstree?
Spring 2: Relationships
Healthy relationships (family, romantic, sexual, professional)
How we relate
Be Kind Campaign
Building positive relationships
Indoctrination, radicalisation and extremism
Domestic Abuse and Violence
Positive Mentors and appropriate professional relationships
How do you make positive relationship choices in your life?
Summer 1: Real World skills
Building a professional portfolio
Writing a CV
Ambition, Expectation and Self Confidence
Self management and time management
Reflection for Improvement
Networking (using social and professional contacts)
Auditions/ Job Interviews
Bank accounts/ Cheque books
Self funding/ Self employment
What skills can you add to your CV now? What do you need to work on?
SUMMER 2: CAREERS
- Building professional relationships
- Job interview skills and techniques
- Managing money and professional development
- Starting a business
- Grants (writing applications, seeking assistance, where to find them)
- Investing in professional equipment and funding
How can you test out what career is right for you? Where do you see your future?