a.i.r. workshops & opportunities
Andrew Mallen is the Artist in Residence at EUTC.
"It is, and continues to be, a great and edifying pleasure to share my experiences of work whilst also learning collaboratively with the extraordinary students of EUTC. Developing and maintaining a career in the performing arts has changed and is changing still before our eyes. Students of today must not only develop the emotional strength, and habits of hard work, that have always been required in the business, but must also foster a ‘combined’ approach across the disciplines. Flexibility in approach, an open mind, the ability to create work ,in believing it into existence, are essential in making a career. My focus at the school is primarily about developing ‘skill’ through practice. Skill, in my view, is the true drive of industry and, once developed and maintained, allows individuals their voice in this changing landscape."
Career highlights include:
- 1st class degree from The Royal Central school of Speech and drama
- Musical director for ‘The Holocaust memorial foundation
- Senior acting tutor at ‘Youth enriching sight and sound’
- Director and actor for multiple touring Shakespeare Companies
- Performance artist, host and stand up comedy at festivals across the country.
- Published songwriter for top european bands ‘Take me Home’ The rambling wheels, The Velvet Hearts and Videoboy,
- Session musician for industry artists: Nick Heyward, Yusuf Blayachi and Claudia Morris among others.
- Sessions at Reading, Glastonbury, Isle of wight festivals
- Musical director of numerous Celebrity musicals