Occasionally we take photographs of the students at our school, these images are used on the school database for staff recognition purposes, we may also use these images in our school prospectus or in other printed publications that we may produce, in displays and on our website. We may also make video or webcam recordings, record our shows and performances, these recordings may be used for school to school conferences, school to industry links, monitoring and other promotion or educational use.
We also send images to the news media, or our school may be visited by the media who will take their own photographs or film footage, especially if we have a high profile visit. The news media may use the images in printed publications, including local and national newspapers, hardcopies and online, on television reports and programmes. They then store them in their archive. They may also syndicate the photos to other media for possible use, either in printed publications, on websites or both. When we submit photographs and information to the media, we have no control of when, where, if or how they may be used.
To comply with the Data Protection Act 1998, we need your permission before we can photograph or make any recordings of your child.
Condition of use:
- This form is valid for the period of time your child attends this school. Images of your child will not be used beyond 3 years of their leaving the Elstree UTC. Please write to the school if you wish to withdraw consent at any time
- The images we take will be of activities that show the school and students in a positive light
- Embarrassing or distressing images will not be used. The images will not be associated with negative or sensitive issues
- We may use group or class photographs or footage with very general labels e.g. ‘Science lesson’
- We will only use images of students who are suitably dressed
- We will make every effort to ensure that we do not allow images to be taken of any students for whom we do not have permission or who are ‘at risk’ or disallowed from having their photographs taken for legal or social reasons
- We will take all reasonable measure to ensure the images are used solely for the purposes for which they are intended. However, we cannot guarantee this and take no responsibility for the way images are used by other websites or publishers or for any consequences arising from publication
Please note that websites can be viewed throughout the world and not just in the United Kingdom where UK law applies.
In giving your consent you understand that images may be used in printed and electronic formats.