Update: Google Classroom - September 2016
What's new in Classroom
Google adds new features to Classroom frequently. This page provides a description of each new feature and a link to more information on using it in Classroom.
- Guardian summaries: Teachers and administrators can invite guardians to sign up for email summaries to keep up with their students. Guardians can choose how often to get a summary—daily or weekly—and can unsubscribe at any time. Summaries include a student’s missing or upcoming work as well as new announcements and questions posted by teachers in the class stream.
- Topics for stream organization: Teachers can organize the class stream by adding topics to posts. Teachers and students can filter the stream by topic.
- Teachers and students can preview materials attached to assignments or posts.
- Teachers and students can view email notifications by class using Inbox by Gmail. Important updates from recent emails are highlighted in each bundle.
- Teachers can add a subject when creating a class.