Spotlight on EUTC [Autumn 2016 - Issue 03]
We are delighted to share 'Light the Way' (a song and promotional music video produced by EUTC and Team Margot) and written by two of our alumni students.
They were so inspired by Margot Martini, that they wrote a song in her memory. Margot Martini tragically lost her battle with blood cancer and has since sparked an international movement in stem cell donor recruitment.
Grace Hynds (18) and Daniella Bernard (18) have since performed and recorded their ballad, “Light the Way”, assisted by their fellow students and college tutors and supported by various professional musicians, including a string quartet from the Royal Philharmonic Concert Orchestra and a 17-strong choir.
EUTC Students have produced, shot, edited and recorded all the content in the music video in collaboration with college tutors. This is an astounding feat given the scale of the project.
It is widely available from today, at no charge. Viewers and listeners are being urged to register as potential stem cell donors as soon as possible and to then encourage ‘Just One More’ person to do the same.
We are so incredibly proud to share this with you, and we hope you in turn will share it with your peers.
Here is a link to our Feature Page:
Here is a link to the music video:
Here is a link to the song on Spotify (please listen to this one, to help get it registered in the charts!):
Look out for Team Margot and EUTC on Channel 5 News at 6.15PM Today.
Year 11 students will be sitting their final Speaking and Listening Exam on Thursday throughout the day. A timetable will be published shortly, please allow students out of class 5 minutes before their registered slot in order to ensure they are prepared. Thank you in advance for your support and cooperation.
Teacher Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday
MOR Room 75 11ma2 11ma1 11ma2
DSE Room 74 11ma1 11ma3
NOTICES FROM STAFF:
- BTEC interventions still are taking place Monday 4-5pm. Important that students attend and catch up with work missing from last year.
- Our partnership with the British Library launches this week. We have two shoots of a lecture with Rowan Williams (former Arch Bishop of Canterbury).
- 13 October Open evening 4:30pm - 9pm
- 24 October Half term
- 3 November New Year 12 Parent / Carers Consultation Evening 6pm - 7.30pmGCSE
- Dance 4A Intervention on Monday and Thursday Lunch. Please see Mr Marks in lesson to find out more.
- Money for BTEC Performing Arts trip to see 'In the Heights' and 'The Play That Goes Wrong' should paid. Please see Mr Marks, Ms Wedd or Ms Deacon if you haven't paid yet.
- Opening of the gym coming soon.
- Well done to Storm, Layla and Eva for making great starts to their choreography in year 11 dance.
- A massive congratulations for Ethan in year 12 dance for getting 'Essay of the Week'